Sunday, November 15, 2015

Aliyah's Baptism

This past weekend, Aliyah Ann was baptized at Saturday night mass at Sacred Heart Church.  Father incorporated the baptism during the mass.  Leading up to this day in thinking about Aliyah's baptismal gown, I really wanted to have my wedding dress used to create a gown for her, but all 3 of the seamstresses I tried were too busy at the time to take on the task, so I found a dress for her online that somewhat resembled the design of my dress on the bottom and added the purple ribbon just like I had as the sash on my own wedding dress.  I also used flower centerpieces from our wedding since we had silk flowers as another detail to connect the two sacraments of matrimony and baptism.  

Ian's friend AJ and my sister Jamie were chosen as Aliyah's godparents.  They were also paired up as part of our wedding party, just as my sister Megan and Ian's brother Jamie were chosen as Eli's godparents and also were partners for our wedding.

After mass, we came back to our house for supper with a menu that consisted of baked potato soup and chili, garlic breadsticks, Caesar salad, mixed fruit, and vanilla pudding/Oreo dessert along with cherry chip cake.

It was an enjoyable night spent with family as we celebrated Aliyah's first sacrament of initiation.  

















No comments:

Post a Comment