Saturday, July 26, 2014

Big Boy Room


 
I finally decided to transition Eli's bedroom into more of a toddler theme.  First, we switched out the baby furniture to a matching set we had previously in the spare bedroom.  Then, I picked out new bed sheets and then realized they didn't really match the sage green walls of his room anymore.  As much as I really didn't want to embark on the adventure of painting his room again after I just did it 2 years ago before we moved in, I decided to repaint in 2 different shades of blue on opposite walls.  

I placed coordinating scrapbook paper in 4 square frames for these.
 
 
 The "E" artwork was created by taping off the letter in the center with painter's tape.  Eli then painted the rest of the paper in various shades of blue.
 
 

Wall stickers from the movie Cars were also used to decorate his new room.  If you look closely towards the ceiling, you can see a mini version of a Pinterest-inspired mobile created out of paint chips that are various shades of blue.  I underestimated how many circles I needed, which is why it is so small, but I guess I could always add to it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment