Saturday, April 29, 2017

My Favorite Things - Edition 4

TOP 5 BEAUTY BUYS

Now I know this is a strange topic for a post coming from me since I'm not much into fashion or beauty but if I do want to do something with myself, I like to focus on my eyes and hair.


5.  Mary Kay eye shadow - I have found this to be the longest lasting eye shadow that does not form a crease on the eyelid as the day goes on; I like to use colors with either a slight shimmer or a matte look to them.  I usually use 2 coordinating colors together. 



4.  Maybelline eyeliner - This liquid eyeliner I have found is the easiest to use and is long-lasting.  I don't know how to use those pencils!  I like this one because it is waterproof.  Before finishing off with mascara, I find that adding eyeliner makes the most dramatic effect to an appearance. 



3.  Mary Kay eye primer - This helps to extend the wear of eye shadow and this tube lasts seemingly forever since only a very small amount is used each time.



2.  Redken hairspray - Forceful 23 - These last 2 products I would consider a bit of a splurge but I am very loyal to them.  The Redken brand uses different numbers on their products; it seems the higher the number the better the hold for the product.  I love the hairspray since it provides a long hold but doesn't look too stiff or "crunchy."  


1.  Redken Rough Paste 12 - This is my all-time favorite hair product and I have been using it for years.  It is perfect for short hairstyles.  It allows me to style mine using my hands only after a blow dry - no straightener, curling iron, comb to tease, etc.  It adds volume without a greasy or wet look. 



No comments:

Post a Comment